According to a blog by Demco, the 5 top library trends that they have seen include the following:
- Light and airy open spaces. This is achieved by employing larger window spaces and lower shelving.
- Unfixed flexible spaces. Examples of this include mobile furniture, library shelving and service points.
- Power… everywhere. Due to emerging technologies, more outlets are now necessary, so having “powered ” tables and lounge furniture, and more charging stations would fulfill this need.
- Collaboration and study spaces. Libraries can use movable screens and partitions to help section rooms for more private spaces.
- Furniture trends. These include study carrels, high backed lounge seating and flip-top tables.