RCLS is hosting a Mock Printz Book Award program in January of 2023. This award is given in honor of Michael L. Printz, a school librarian from Topeka, Kansas, who had a passion for literature, and was a member of YALSA, or the Young Adult Library Services Association. Our former children’s consultant, Randy Enos, was fortunate enough to have known Mr. Printz. The award is given for literary merit in young adult literature, and the committee has chosen seven titles for discussion.
They are as follows:
1. Hollow Fires by Samira Ahmed
2. The Epic Story of Every Living Thing by Deb Caletti
3. An Arrow to the Moon by Emily X.R. Pan
4. Ain’t Burned All the Bright by Jason Reynolds & Jason Griffin
5. Victory, Stand! by Tommie Smith
6. All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir
7. Nothing Burns as Bright as You by Ashley Woodfolk
There are copies of all the titles except one on our shelves. Happy Reading!